Program Specialist – Special Projects and State Liaison
- Program development, orientation and support to Family Living colleagues
- Educational programming with correctional systems audiences (family support in re-entry)
- Fund development support for Family Living initiatives
- Family-focused, evidence-based prevention programs and principles
- eParenting® – parenting using digital media
- Raising a Thinking Child – parenting 4 to 7 year olds
- Master’s degree in community health education from University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Bachelor’s degree in home economics education from University of Wisconsin-Stout
Previous Professional Experience
For over 25 years, Mary has worked in a variety of roles within UW-Extension/Cooperative Extension. Currently, Mary is a state program specialist and state liaison for Family Living Programs. Based on the UW-Madison campus, Mary’s subject matter support focuses on the family’s role in preventing childhood adversity. A particular area of Mary’s work is family-focused evidence-based programs and principles. Mary is Family Living’s point of contact for educational outreach to audiences affiliated with the correctional system with a focus on family support in re-entry. In her state liaison role, she provides program development and evaluation support to county family living colleagues. Mary joined Cooperative Extension in 1986 as a county educator and later became a statewide youth outreach educator for the federally funded Youth Futures project. In 1995, under a special contract with the United States Army, Mary was a teen program specialist and worked to strengthen policies and practices on Army installations worldwide. Since 1996, Mary has served in various Extension specialist roles with Family Living programs and 4-H Youth Development.
Contact Mary at:
301 Extension Bldg.
432 N. Lake St., Madison, WI 53706-1498
Phone: (608) 265-3589
FAX (608) 265-0787