Nutrition Education Program Specialist for Diverse Audiences
- Serve as a resource and provide support for nutrition educators and coordinators working with WNEP as they strive to provide culturally responsive services to our increasingly diverse state.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Master’s degree in Public Health from Tulane University
- Registered Dietitian
Previous Professional Experience
Teresa joined UW-Extension in January 2009 after spending several years consulting with domestic and international maternal and child health nutrition programs. Most recently, Teresa worked with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and the University of Missouri in their collaborative efforts to promote cultural competence in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) in Missouri. She has also lived in Indonesia, Thailand, and Cambodia while working for the United Nations World Food Programme, UNICEF, and CARE International.
Highlights of Current Assignments
- Provide support and resources for nutrition educators and coordinators working with new or unfamiliar audiences
- Review and prepare relevant education materials, including training resources
- Collaborate with other state specialists to foster cultural competence within WNEP
- Member of the Healthy Living team
Contact Teresa at:
278 Nutritional Sciences
1415 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706